News Updates
  • 07-10-11
    Church Perunnal Nov 9,10
more news
 
 
 
ABOUT THE
KALKKUNNEL MOR GEE VARGHESE SAHADA JACOBITE SYRIAN CHURCH
[Under the Holy Apostolic See of Antioch and All The East]
Angamaly Diocess –Kothamangalam Region


In the year AD 1907, H.G. Joseph Mor Divannasios Metropolitan [popularly known as Pulikkottil Thirumeni] sent a decree of Blessings to our forefathers permitting them to construct a Cross at this place. Accordingly, they erected a Cross with laterite stones and instituted it on 23rd of Thulam 1907.

The believers started worship in a temporary shed beside the Cross. It had a thatched roof with dry coconut leaves.Since the place was a hillock filled with rubbles and stones, the local people called the church as “KALKUNNATHU KURISU PALLY”. In 190, the Jacobite Christians earned the approval from the Government to construct a permanent church at the same place vide order No.4702.This fulfilled a longstanding ambition and great desire of the people.

The prayers were led by Rev.Fr. Mathai Geevarghese,Parappattu who offered the first Mass. Rev. Mathai became the first Vicar of the Church. In 1914, H.G.Poulose Mor Athanasious Metropolitan [Valiya Thirumeni] came over to the Church and stayed there to guide and supervise the construction of a permanent building for the Church.

It was a great blessing for the parishioners and the locality as a whole. Thirumeni was always inspired by the Holy Ghost and spent time in prayers and fasting for the growth and welfare of the parishioners.

read more

 
Church Timings
Saturday
Evening Prayer - 6:00PM
Sunday
Morning Prayer - 7:30AM
Holy Qurbono - 8:45AM
 
Login Centre
NEW USER REGISTER